Preferred Drug List
My Online Services
The best way to view your formulary, as well as other important plan documents, is to log in to the secure member portal, My Online Services. Your experience is personalized to you! Login or register today.
ATTENTION INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS: some plans have different formulary information. Did you get covered through healthcare.gov or CoventryOne.com? Individual members (covered through healthcare.gov or CoventryOne.com) should go to CoventryOne.com for formulary information, as well as other important coverage details.
Please do not use these formularies when checking your medication needs. Please refer to www.ga.chcadvantra.com for the correct formulary. You can also call the Member Services Department at 800-533-0367, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for any prescription questions. If you are hearing impaired, please call our TDD line at 877-231-0573.
Group Online Searchable Formulary
This online formulary is appropriate for members covered through an employer group plan, but is not appropriate for all Coventry business. If you are unsure, please call the Customer Service number on your Member ID card for help.
Enter Group Online Searchable Formulary
Within the group formulary, you may search for drugs using several different methods.
- First, searches can be conducted by simply clicking on the appropriate first letter of the drug name under the Alphabetical Search section.
- Secondly, you may search by drug name using the Brand & Generic Name Search option where products are listed by both brand (trade) and generic (chemical) names. Click in the entry box, type the first few letters (e.g. “Zoc”) or all of the drug name (e.g. “Zocor”), and click the Go button.
- Or lastly, click on the appropriate drug class (e.g. “Anti-infective Agents”) under the Therapeutic Class Search section.
Group Formulary Documents
These documents are appropriate for members covered through an employer group plan, but are not appropriate for all Coventry business. If you are unsure, please call the Customer Service number on your Member ID card for help.
- 2015 Formulary Documents
- 2014 Formulary Documents
- 2014 Prescription Formulary - For commercial group and individual plans that have not yet renewed in 2014. PDF | 158 KB
- 2014 Preventive Drug List - List of preventive drugs
- 2014 Best Value Generics List - Your pharmacy coverage may include the drugs listed on the Tier 1A drug list. Please refer to your prescription drug rider to determine if this list is applicable to you. PDF | 112 KB
- 2014 Value Program List with FAQ - Value Formulary Drugs (Tier 0) - Special $0 copay program for qualified members. PDF | 28 KB
- Transition Rx Program Overview with FAQ
- PDF | 194 KB
Formularies have several purposes. One is to ensure that the drugs offered are of the highest quality and efficacy. Another purpose is to reduce prescription drug costs, which are rising at an alarming rate. Monitoring prescription costs and maintaining a formulary helps us keep premiums down while offering a high level of benefits. In addition, our doctors and pharmacists stay current on the newest nationwide developments in medicine. We continually update our formulary based on the latest research.
For some members, nonformulary medicines also are covered under their pharmacy benefit at the highest copay. Most of the time, doctors will prescribe a medicine from the formulary. If a doctor prescribes a medication that is not on the list, members may get that medication, but will share in a greater portion of the cost. We encourage our members to ask their doctors if a medication is on the formulary and, if not, whether there is a formulary drug that will work as well.